IFIM Law School
IFIM Law School looks for candidates with intellectual curiosity coupled with a desire to stretch in a rigorous academic program as well as personal qualities to contribute in many activities of the institution. The potential to succeed as a leader in a competitive and global business environment is also central to its admissions criteria. IFIM welcomes applicants regardless of religion, gender or financial status with an aim to build an exciting, dynamic and diverse student community.
- Candidate should have passed +2/PUC or equivalent with a minimum of 45% marks. 5% relaxation is given to SC/ST candidates. The study criteria should belong to 10/SSLC, +2/PUC pattern. The applicant who has passed the prescribed minimum qualification in single sitting examination without having basic qualification is not eligible for admission for 5 years BBA, LL.B. course.
- Be or be less than twenty years in case of general category of applicants and less than twenty two years in the case of applicants from SC, ST and other backward communities as on 1st June.
- The applicants, who have passed the examination from any board of examination other than Karnataka State, shall apply for and obtain the Eligibility Certificate from the Karnataka State Law University, Hubli.
- Must have qualified in any one of the entrance examinations, viz., CLAT, LSAT- India or ILAT (IFIM’s Law Admission Test)
Short-listed candidates will be called for a personal interview. The final decision to admit a candidate will be based on the academic record and the performance in personal interview.
The following original documents are required to be submitted by the student at the time of admission:
- Mark sheet of class X.
- Mark sheet of class XII.
- Transfer certificate.
- Migration certificate in case of non-Karnataka students.
- Eligibility certificate from KSLU, if applicable.
Important Dates for Law Admissions – 2019:
|Particulars||Application Form||Last date to apply|
|Online Application form||Apply Now||31 March, 2019|
For Admissions Contact
Director - Admissions
IFIM Law School
8P & 9P, KIADB Industrial Area, Electronics City Phase 1, Bangalore - 560100
Telephone : 080 - 41432800/888
Mob : 9900067704
E-mail : email@example.com
BBA, LL.B. (2019-24)
Fees structure and schedule of payment*
|Towards||For Indian Students||NRI/Foreign Nationals (USD)||Due date for the payment|
|Processing Fee (Non-refundable)||Rs. 25,000||$ 500||On acceptance of the provisional admission offer|
|First Year||Rs. 1,25,000||$ 1,900||Within 20 days of the date of issue of the provisional admission offer letter|
|Second Year||Rs. 1,50,000||$ 2,400||May 15, 2020|
|Third Year||Rs. 1,50,000||$ 2,400||May 15, 2021|
|Fourth Year||Rs. 1,50,000||$ 2,400||May 15, 2022|
|Fifth Year||Rs. 1,50,000||$ 2,400||May 15, 2023|
|Total Fees||Rs. 7,50,000||$ 12,000|
Boarding and lodging Charges*
Security Deposit: Must be paid at the time of registration.
Hostel Fee: Double Occupancy accommodation for six months with food.
*Subject to change
- Candidates are required to pay INR 5,000 towards Student Council Fund and INR 5,000 towards IFIM Alumni Association separately.
- Course/Hostel Fee payment can be made either through demand draft drawn in favour of “ Centre for Developmental Education ” payable at Bangalore or Online.
- Students are required to pay the University fees ( Eligibility Fee, Registration Fee, Examination Fee, Convocation etc.) as applicable.
- Hostel fee is subject to change every year.
- Hostel rooms are allotted on a first-come-first-serve basis and are subject to availability.
- Taxes (if any), will have to be borne by the student as per the prevalent rates at the time of making such payments.
IFIM Law School Scholarships
The IFIM Law School scholarships is intended to encourage meritorious students who demonstrate academic excellence and enable those in financial need to pursue law and qualify as a lawyer. The scholarship is a way to demonstrate IFIM group of Institutions social responsibility and its commitment to nation building. The scholarships are awarded and supported by the generous grant made available every year by the Padode Foundation.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE?
The scholarship includes full or partial tuition fee waiver.
The following criteria is applicable for the selection of the students to be eligible for 100% tuition fee waiver:
Students taking the CLAT EXAM/LSAT EXAM:
► 90% in 10th Standard + 90% in 12th Standard + a CLAT Rank between 1-500 or LSAT Score of above 95 percentile
The following criteria is applicable for the selection of the students to be eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver:
Students taking the CLAT EXAM/LSAT EXAM:
► 80% in 10th Standard + 80% in 12th Standard + a CLAT Rank between 1-1000 or LSAT Score of above 90percentile
The number of seats for each category of scholarship would be limited and will be decided by the admissions committee at the beginning of the admission season. The selection of the final candidates will be done on merit cum need basis. These scholarships will be awarded by the Padode Foundation.
CORPORATE AND INDIVIDUAL SPONSORSHIPS
The institute strongly encourages corporate sponsorships. The Centre for Development Education, which runs the IFIM Law School, shall issue an 80G certificate to such sponsoring corporate entity to claim such benefit as provided under the Income Tax Act. Similar certificate shall be issued to Individual Sponsors as well to claim benefit under the Income Tax Act.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for scholarship should be made along with the regular admission application for the respective program. A sample application form is provided in Annexure ‘A’. Students with financial need shall clearly mention such need and produce evidence towards such need. Late applications will not be entertained. The scholarship application deadline is similar to the phase – I admission deadline.
The following important terms and conditions shall apply to all scholarship holders:
- A scholarship will initially be awarded for a period of one year, renewable after every year for a period of five years. However, a student has to fulfill all the conditions mentioned in this section.
- A student who has been awarded the IFIM Law School scholarship will have to constantly maintain an overall CGPA of 9.0 out of 10.
- A scholarship holder will also have to be a part of a particular research centre and assist the faculty in charge of the centre by conducting research and complete other tasks assigned to them from time to time. Such student shall devote a minimum of 4 hours every week in assisting the faculty in charge at the centre. A weekly report/dairy shall be maintained by the student.
- A scholarship holder will have to be a teaching assistant at least for a semester in their chosen subject of interest and assist the faculty in teaching and research for that respective class. The student will have to fulfill the conditions mentioned in the policy for teaching assistants.
- A scholarship holder will not be entitled to any compensation in cash for assisting the faculty by being a part of a research centre or by being a teaching assistant.
- The faculty shall submit a report at the end of the semester evaluating the students’ performance under whom the student has conducted research or assisted the faculty as a teaching assistant.
WITHDRAWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP
- A student’s scholarship may be withdrawn for the subsequent year and further if he is found guilty of any of the following:
- Ragging on campus/ hostel.
- Smoking and substance abuse on campus/hostel.
- Creating nuisance, indulging in violent acts and damaging institute’s infrastructure on campus/hostel.
- Not obtaining the required CGPA.
- Upon failure to accept the scholarship award within the said deadline.
- Any violation of the rules applicable to Students of IFIM Institutions. These rules include the rules applicable to Students availing Hostel facilities.
What is IFIM Alumni Scholarship?
Keeping the ethos of providing quality education equally to everyone, IFIM Alumni Association opens UG Scholarship for BBA and BBA LLB aspirants. The scholarship targets families that would not be able to support their child’s education in an elite institute and aims to provide an equal opportunity to these aspirants to receive quality education and achieve their long-term goals.
The Association has decided to offer this scholarship for aspirants effected in Kerala and Coorg by the August 2018 floods. The aspirant will be offered 100% scholarship based on need and merit basis. The scholarship will identify and select candidates before they join IFIM College and avoid subsidizing fees to already selected students.
The Association extends Rs. 10 – 12 lakhs for the Scholarship in total and the selection of candidates will be done through a pre-set process detailed below.
Why is IFIM Alumni Association doing the Scholarship?
With a growing number of natural disasters across India, IFIM Alumni Association has decided to focus on environmental issues as well as aid those who have been affected by such incidents. This is primarily because the Association believes that a proficient candidate should not be deprived from receiving quality education because of uncontrollable factors such as natural disasters.
What are the objectives of the Scholarship Programme?
It is an initiative to support underprivileged families with the objective to uplift academically strong candidates to better equip them for their future needs. This year the Association extends scholarship to aspirants who have been affected by natural disasters, because of which they are unable to plan for higher education.
The primary objective of the IFIM Alumni Scholarship is to assist and help families who have been affected in floods/natural calamities to obtain quality education with 100% coverage.
The association will target families who would not be able to support their child’s education at a reputed institute with the purpose is to uplift underprivileged and bright candidates.
What is the process of the Scholarship?
IFIM Alumni Association propose to offer 100% UG Scholarship for 1-2 aspirant(s) identified to be affected in Kerala & Coorg floods in 2019. The process would be as follows:
- Candidates must fill in the application form available on the website. The completed application form must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April 2019.
- Admission Selection Process:
- Initial round of written test and personal interview with IFIM College/IFIM Law School Admissions team.
- Qualifying candidates to undergo second round of interview with 2 Alumni Committee members and 1 alumni member to select and finalize.
- Students will need to produce letter issued by local authorities / governing bodies stating that they were affected by the flood.
- Students to have minimum 70% aggregate in 10th and 10+2 examinations, having passed in the first attempt. If this criterion is not found in the applying students, the same will be reduced at the discretion of the committee.
- Parents Income statement to be produced for evaluation by the selection board.
Documents to be produced: