Prof. Bob Nathanael
Mr. Bob Nathanael joins IFIM Law School with 9 years of extensive and hands-on teaching and training experience. Previously, he has taught English to students of various age groups and from a wide range of nationalities. He has also successfully prepared students for International English Proficiency Tests such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, PTE and OET. At IFIM, his core responsibility is to enhance our students’ communication skills. He is also vital member of the Personality Enhancement Program (PEP) at IFIM.
Mr. Nathanael completed his Master of Arts (English) from St Joseph’s Evening College, Bangalore University and his Bachelor of Arts (English) from Prananath College - Autonomous, Utkal University. His areas of academic interests are Second Language Acquisition, Linguistics, Interdisciplinary Literary Studies, British Literature, Indian Literature, Russian Literature, Post-Colonial Studies, European Classical Literature, World Literature, Cultural Studies, Literary Theory, and Creative Writing.
Publications and Paper Presentations:
- Participant and Paper Presenter on title “Discussion of Central Theme in Writing History through Fragmented Memory” published in ISBN no 9789381-9796-81 in the National Level Seminar on “Post-Colonial Debates – Nation, Race, Gender and Cultural Identity” organized by V.E.T First Grade College, Bengaluru on 9th March, 2018.
- Participant and Paper Presenter on title “ESL learner’s vocabulary learning strategies” in the National Seminar on “Setting Technological Standards and Strategies for Higher Education” organized by the Centre for Education Beyond Curriculum (CEDBEC), CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru, on 1 – 2 February, 2018.
Certifications and Awards:
- Approved as a Recognised Teacher of the University of the West of Scotland, UK from 1 February, 2019 to 12 September 2020.
- Best Outgoing Student Batch 2018-2019 for Masters of Arts (English).
- Highest Marks in Linguistics Semester 3 for the year 2018-2019.
- Highest Marks in Indian Writing in English Semester 1 for the year 2017-2018.
- Department Topper in Bachelors of Arts (English) for the batch 2008-2011.
- First Prize for Light Musical Instrumental Music competition conducted by the Drama & Music Society of Prananath Autonomous & Junior College, Khordha, Odisha.
- Third Prize in the Light Instrumental Music competition in the 45th Inter-College MUSIC COMPETITION on 15th/16th November 2010.
Webinars and Seminars:
- Participant in the National Webinar “English Studies in Today’s Times” organized by the Department of English, Bishop Cotton’s Woman’s Christian College, Bangalore on 26-8-2020.
- Participant in the International Webinar Series on “Negotiating Postcolonial Spaces” organized by the Departments of English at St Joseph’s Evening College, Bengaluru and CHRIST deemed to be University, Bengaluru from 13-7-2020 to 17-7-2020.
- Participant in the National Level Webinar “English Language and Literature for NET/SET” organized by the Department of English at St. Anne’s First Grade College for Woman, Bangalore on 9-7-2020.
- Participant in the Webinar Recent Trends in “Power of Communication” organized by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Meenakshi Ramaswamy Engineering College, Chennai on 4-7-2020.
- Participant in the National Level Webinar on “Drama: What can the first scene tell us?” organized by the Department of English, Indian Academy Degree College – Autonomous, Bangalore on 18-6-2020.
- Participant in the Third National Conference on “New Perspectives in Teaching English Language, Literature and Translation” organized by St. Joseph’s Evening College, Bengaluru on 25-9-2017.
- Volunteered at Times Litfest – 2018 organised by Bennet Coleman & Co Ltd., Bangalore on 3rd and 4th February, 2018.