IFIM Law School
Dr. Aisha Ahmed Sharfi
Dr. Aisha Ahmed Sharfi
PhD from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS, Kolkata)
Masters of Law from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS, Kolkata)
B.A. LL.B (Hons) from Vidhyasagar University, West Bengal
Rights of Child
Rights of Minorities
International Humanitarian Law
Air and Space Law
Corporate Governance and CSR
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Air and Space Law
Law and Technology
Academic Work experience:
Also teaches/taught at:
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Alliance University, Presidency University
- PhD from National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata on “Critical Analysis of Aircraft Financing under Cape Town Convention”
- LL.M., West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, First Class (CGPA of 6.06 out of 7)
- B.A.LL.B (Hons), Vidhyasagar University, University Topper, 77%.
Papers Presented At Seminars/ Conferences:
- “Regulating the Media in India: An Urgent Policy Priority”, paper selected for presentation at the National Seminar on 'Media and Law', Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, New Law College Pune, 28 March, 2015.
- “Manual Scavenging: Dalits And Discrimination in India” , Paper selected for presentation at the National Seminar on "New Dalit Agenda for 21st Century" IIPA, New Delhi, Indus Research Centre in collaboration with Ambedkar Chair, IIPA, 11-12 April 2015.
- “The Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a norm for societies in transition”, Paper selected for presentation at the ICSSR assisted 2 Day National conference on Sociology In India , Department of Sociology, University of Mumbai, 2021 April 2015
- “India- Saudi: Bilateral Labour relations in context of the Agreement on Labour cooperation for domestic service workers recruitment, 2014", one day National Seminar on India and Saudi Arabia: The Emerging Socio-Cultural and Economic Dimensions organized by Centre for West Asian Studies, JamiaMilliaIslamia, New Delhi , March 03, 2015
- ‘Social Worker And Their Role In Criminal Justice Delivery System with Special Reference to Prison Reform”, National Seminar on Social Work Practice: Scope and Challenges in the Present Context, November 14-15, 2014, Department of Social Work, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
- Presented Comments on the Prohibition of Unlawful Assembly (Interference with the Freedom of matrimonial Alliances) Bill, 2011 at the colloquium organized at W.B.N.U.J.S for submission of recommendations to the Bill to law Commission of India.(2012)
- “Jurisprudence of Natural resource: Scope and Protection”, co-authored with Justice Altamus Kabir, Ex. Chief Justice of India, Eastern Law House.
- “Constitutional Rights of Corporations”, International Journal of Contemporary Research, ISSN Number 23949503, Issue I, Volume I.
- “Cabotage- Meaning, Potential and Future”, International Journal of Contemporary Research, ISSN Number 23949503, Issue I, Volume I.
- “Essential Facilities Doctrine: Meaning and application as per the US and EC Laws”, Law Mantra Journal: Volume 1, Issue 6, December, 2013 and Jan & Feb, 2014 Issue, ISSN: 2321-6417.
- “Areas of overlap between International Trade Law and Outer Space Law: Legal Obscurity”, Ambedkar Law University Journal Vol. IX- 2015 (January – June).
- “Indus Water Treaty: A Critical Appraisal”, Inter- State & International Water Dispute, Publisher- Eastern Book Company, ISBN 10 9350289506 ISBN 13 9789350289808,
- Areas of Interface between Outer Space Law and International Trade Law with Reference to Telecommunication Services (in publication,)
- Research Assistant in a project of Karnataka Law Commission on “Case and Counter Case.” Under Mrs. Kavita Singh, Asst. Professor, W.B.N.U.J.S (2011)
- Recipient of K. Subramanium Scholarship for Highest marks in Batch (2011)
- Selected twice as a Tutor to Second Year Students at home University (2010-11 and 2011-12)
- Preparation of Study Module of Banking Law, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore (in connection with LL).