The migration of people from one place to another is not a new phenomenon. However, it has attracted much attention in the present time when the states have become more conscious about demarcating their borders and restricting non-citizens from permanent settlement in their country. In the absence of a global convention to tackle illegal migration, it has been left open for the states to frame their legal policy. In addition, in the last twenty years, the dimension of the complexities and challenges of the forcibly displaced people, migrants, and refugees have been significantly changed, which often get less priority in the discussion of protection and human rights of these people. Against this backdrop, an academic conference may open the door of critical discussions and debates on this topic to share knowledge and disseminate research findings.
IFM Law School of India and the Center for Peace Studies of North South University of Bangladesh will jointly organize a virtual conference in November 2021 where scholars will be invited to exchange and build knowledge on the above discussed topic.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited from the academics, professionals, research scholars and students on the broad themes provided below. Sharing of findings of empirical research work is highly encouraged. The authors will have to submit an abstract of their research paper before the deadline. The selected abstracts need to be stretched further for completing them as full-fledged research papers to be submitted on or before the date mentioned.
Broad Themes for Paper Presentation
The Working of the Foreigners Tribunals
Forcibly Displaced People
Geopolitics and Migration
Border Studies and Migration
Impacts of Migration on Children
Climate Change and Migration
Migration and Human Rights
Migration and Citizenship Rights
Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s)
Conference Organizing Committee:
Assistant Professor & Assistant Dean (Student Affairs),
IFIM Law School, India
Assistant Professor & Centre Head, Public International Law Centre,
IFIM Law School
Dr. Ishrat Zakia Sultana,
nter for Peace Studies, NSU, Bangladesh
Dr. Bulbul Ashraf Siddiqi,
Associate Professor and
Member Center for Peace Studies, NSU, Bangladesh
Guidelines for Abstract and Full paper submission
Rules & Regulations
- 01 The submission is open to all academics, practitioners, research scholars and graduate and post graduate students registered in any recognized Institution/ College/ University;
- 02 Co-authorship is permitted. There can be a maximum of two co-authors for one paper.
- 03 An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the purpose of the paper.
- 04 All the received articles/research papers are subject
to Plagiarism check.
- 05 Paper should contain a disclaimer to the effect that
the submitted paper is original and is not published.
- 06 Authors of selected abstracts shall be invited to present at the Seminar.
- 07 Selected abstracts may be published in a Conference Proceeding.
- 08 Selected papers will be published in an edited book by a globally renowned publisher.
- 01 The main body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in Arial size 10, with 1.0 line spacing. All headings must have uniform formatting.
- 02 All papers should follow APA reference and citation.
- 03 The first page of the manuscript should only contain the name of the paper followed by a 250-word abstract. The main body of the manuscript must begin from the second page onwards. The name, designation, e-mail and workplace address of the participant shall be mentioned in the body of the email only.
- 04 The word limit of the full paper, including footnotes, should not exceed 5000 words. Endnotes are not accepted. Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- 05 The soft copy of both the abstract and research paper should be submitted.
- 06 The papers selected by the Review Committee are allowed for paper presentation.
|Abstract submission||31 August 2021|
|Intimation of acceptance of abstract||10 September 2021|
|Full paper submission||30 October, 2021|
|Conference Date||19-20 November 2021|