News & Events
Moot Training Workshop Conducted by Mr. Anupam Pillai, Alumnus Of NLU, Odisha
Moot Training Workshop
September 01, 2018
On 1st September 2018 M[Add date]oot training workshop was conducted by Mr. Anupam Pillai to train the undergraduate law students for participation in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The workshop was conducted for 2 days and students learnt the nuances of oral arguments and memorial drafting in moot court competitions.
Mr. Anupam Pillai is an alumnus of National Law University, Odisha, batch 2010-2015. Since then he has been associated as an in-house legal counsel with the legal wing of Arvind Lifestyle, Bangalore, a fashion brands outlet. Mr. Pillai is a voracious reader and was an avid mooter during his undergraduate days. He has established his own legal start-up called VIDHI MANTRA that trains undergraduate law students for participation in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities such as national and international moot court and debate competitions. He has been training students of various law schools across the country for moot court competitions as well as in doing legal research.
This workshop focussed on training students in the following areas:
- The IRAC system of drafting moot memorials, i.e. Issue, Reason, Argument and Conclusion.
- Techniques of use of legal English and general English during oral rounds of moot court competitions.
- Use of Microsoft word shortcuts in memorial drafting.
- Tips and strategies to follow while presenting the facts of a moot problem
- Tips and strategies to follow while citing previous case laws in support of arguments
- The don’ts of mooting such as reading directly from the copies of the memorials.
All in all, the workshop was filled with knowledge which is surely going to help our students when they go for national and international moot court and debate competitions.
Concluding the session Mr. Pillai has promised to guide all teams from IFIM Law School when they go for national and international moot court competitions outside the college premises.
25 years of leadership development
The journey of IFIM Institutions