IFIM Law School
Prof. Soumya Rajsingh
Prof. Soumya Rajsingh
LL.M, International Law (2 years), (2016-18), Qualified in National Eligibility Test (NET), South Asian University, New Delhi, India.
B.A, LL. B (HONS), Specialization: International Law and Business Law,(2011-16), National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam, Guwahati, Assam, India
Qualified in All Indian Bar Exam (AIBE)
Qualified in National Eligibility Test (NET)
Company Secretary Course (Executive Programme) Continuing From ICSI, New Delhi
Online Course on Intellectual Property (IP) From FICCI, New Delhi.
Short-term Course on “Illegal Trade of Conventional Arms and Human Rights Law”, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
Three Months Certificate Course on Insolvency Law from Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs, New Delhi.
Online Course on “Prevention from Sexual Harassment” from Legal Education Awareness Foundation
Research Interest / Consulting Area:
Public International Law
Transnational Commercial Law and International Commercial Arbitration
International Trade Law
Conflict of Laws
International Investment Law
International Environmental Law and Human Right Law
Constitutional Law and comparative constitutional Law
Academic Work experience:
Also Taught In
University Law College, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Holder of South Asian University Merit Scholarship for the year 2016- 17 and 2017-18
- Selected for summer course in Private International Law by Hague Academy of International Law.
Seminar And Conferences :
- Participated in the interactive session of Hon’ble Mr. Justice G.S. Singhvi , Judge , Supreme court of India with the Law students of North Eastern Region of India on the Topic “ The Challenges before the Legal Profession in Contemporary Times”, held on 12th May 2012.
- Participated in National Seminar on Education and Society and Human Rights, organised by National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi and Tezpur University, Assam, held on 12th and 13th March 2012.
- Presentation of paper titled “Empowering Rural Vigilantes and Activists through Legal Literacy: A way of Accessing Grass root Justice” in the All India Criminology Conference organised by the NLU, Delhi during February 15-17, 2013.
- Presentation of Paper on “Participatory Forest Management-Lessons for Rural Sikkim“ in the National Seminar held at NUALS, Kochi on March 11 & 12,2013.
- Participated in a symposium on Juvenile Justice- Children in Conflict with Law and Children in Need of Care and Protection: A Way Forward, organised by National Law University Assam, held on 06th October 2013.
- Attended one day workshop on International Human Right Law organised by International Committee of Red Cross , Regional Delegation for South Asia in New Delhi, held on 13th September 2013.
- Presented paper on “ International Dispute Resolution in the time of Proliferation of International Tribunals” in Amity Law School on 11th and 12th October 2014.
- Presented paper on “Evolution of Right to Education from Morality to Matter of Right” in National Conference on Protection of Rights of Children Issues and Challenges” organised by UNICEF, Office for Assam, held on 14th March 2015.
- Presented paper titled “International Commercial Arbitration” in the 1st KIIT National Conference on International Law held from 15th – 17th January,2016
- Attended Workshop on International Humanitarian Law organised by International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) on 13th September, 2013.
- Presented paper on “The Principle of Complementarity and Future of ICC: A critical Analysis” in the 46th Annual Conference of Indian Society of International Law held on 29th -30th April 2017.
- Presented paper on the topic “Equitable and Reasonable Utilization of Water Resources: A critical Analysis in context of Indo- Bangladesh Ganges Water Sharing” Organised by M.K. Nambyar SAARC LAW Center, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
- Participated in the 2017 UNCITRAL Asian Pacific Day Round Table Stakeholder Consultation on Insolvency Resolution, organised by The Centre for Transnational Commercial Law, NLU Delhi, held on 28th October 2017.
- Human Trafficking In North East: Legal Provision And Government Policy; A Critical Analysis, Calcutta Law Time, ISSN:0971-748X
- Merger And Amalgamation Vis-A-Vis Memorandum Of Association: A Critical Study, ISSN: 2348-5590
- Industrial Disaster And Human Rights Concern, Environmental And Forest Law Times, ISBN: 978-81-89639-39-6
- Evolution of Right to Education from Morality to Matter of Right , International Journal Of Legal Sciences And Research, ISSN : 2394-7977
- Application of DIFC Arbitrations Model In India: Issues And Challenges, AD Valorem Journal Of Law, ISSN:2348-5485
- The Social Security in Context of Workmen in India, Legal News and Views. ISSN: 2277-5323
LL.M Dissertation :
- Jurisdictional Aspect of Cross-Border Insolvency: A Critical Analysis of Indian Legal System”: The paper critically analysed jurisdictional aspect of three major dynamics of Cross- Border Insolvency namely the status of foreign creditor, the jurisdiction over cross- border assets of debtor and Multiple insolvency proceedings from the point of view of Indian legal system.