IFIM Law School
Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh
Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh
Governing Council Member, IFIM Law School
Ph.D. , LL.M. , LL.B. , B.Sc.
Academic Work experience:
Also teaches/taught at:
National Law University, Delhi - Vice-Chancellor.
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad - Vice-Chancellor
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak - Professor of Law
National Law School of India University, Bangalore - Professor of Law
Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak - Professor of Law and Proctor
Awards & Achievements
- Life Time Achievement Award : In recognition of the exemplary contribution towards Legal Education by Dr. N. M. Veeraiyan, Chancellor, Saveetha University
- Karmayogi Samman : Haryana Institute of Fine Arts, by Shri Kuldeep Sharma, Speaker, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- Professor N.R. Madhava Menon Best Law Teacher Award 2011 : by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Altamas Kabir, Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Lex Witness recognized him in the “Hall of fame: Top 50”, as an individual who have helped shape the legal landscape of modern India.
- Alumnus of Distinction at the Golden Jubilee Commemorative Special Convocation of Kurukshetra University, 2007, by His Excellency, Mr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India.
- Excellence Award 1998: Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, by Governor of Haryana.
- Educationist of the Year – Metro-Vision, 3rd Annual Media Awards – 2005
- The British Council had portrayed him as one of the 12 talented, creative and generous spirits who are making an effort personally and through their institution to ensure their engagement with the U.K, works to mutual benefit.
Books / Research papers published:
Research papers Published : 40 +
Research papers presented at Conferences/Seminars/workshops: 51 +
Book Publications :
- Challenging the Rule(s) of Law
- Fiscal Federalism – Constitutional Conspectus
- Human Rights Education, Law and Society
- Cyber Space and the Law – Issues and Challenges
- Constitutional Law
Guided several scholars who were awarded Ph.D. degree.
- Life Member, Commonwealth Legal Education Association.
- President, Commonwealth Legal Education Association (Asian Chapter) Conference 1994 held at Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
- Chairman, Youth Hostel Association of India (Rohtak Unit) affiliated to the International Youth Hostels Federation. Vice President, YHAI, Haryana State Unit.
- Member, SAARC Law, Indian Chapter.
- Member, National Committee on IPR, Confederation of Indian Industry, New Delhi.
- Member, Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi.
- Committee of Experts on Law, National Commission for Women, New Delhi.
- Member, National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science, New Delhi.
- Member, National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), New Delhi.
- Member, Executive Committee, NALSA, New Delhi.
- Member, A.P. High Court Legal Services Authority, Hyderabad
- Life Member, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Member, Governing Council, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Member, Legal Education Committee, Bar Council of India.
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee, UGC, New Delhi.
- Member, Expert Committees to assist Plan Proposals, UGC, New Delhi.
- Member, NAAC Committee for accreditation of Universities/ Colleges.
- Member, Standing Committee of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Member, Finance Committee of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Visitors Nominee as Member, Central Universities Faculty Selection Committee.
- He was a Member, Executive Council of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute, New Delhi
- Life Member, Adolescent Health Association of India.
- Member, Executive Council of Jawahar Lal Nehru University, Delhi (including JNU Court)
- Member, Curriculum Development Committee, Bar Council of India, New Delhi
- Member, Selection Committee for recruitment of Professors etc – IIT – Kharagpur
- Member - Special Invitee, Legal Education Committee of Bar Council of India, New Delhi
- Visitor’s Nominee as Member, Selection Committee for recruitment of Faculty of Law– Banaras Hindu University – Varanasi
- Member of CCSAP – Committee for Consultations on the Situation in Andhra Pradesh, constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI.
- Member – Society of Chandigarh Judicial Academy.
- Member – Selection Committee – Competition Commission of India, New Delhi
- Member – Selection Committee – M. D. University, Rohtak
- Appointed to the Board of the Executive Member of the Academic Affairs Committee of the proposed National University of Law, Management & Sciences Meghalaya.
- Convener of the Expert Visiting Committee to visit Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala for assessing XI Plan (2007-2012) and requirements & review of X Plan performance of University
- Member – UGC Expert Committee for formulating the UGC (Affiliation of Colleges by Universities), Regulations, 2009.
- Member – UGC Expert Committee for Restructuring Legal Education.
- Member – Selection Committee for appointment of Vice-Chancellor, University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka.
- Member - Academic Council – University of Rajasthan – Jaipur
- Member – Advisory Council – University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (Dehradun)
- Member for the First Court of The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad
- Part-time Member of The 19th Law Commission of India.
- Member ‘Subject Expert’, Faculty of Law, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amrtisar.
- Member of UGC Expert Committee for Indo-French Social Scientists Exchange Programme – 2011.
- Member of UGC Expert Committee for considering proposal for University with Potential for Excellence (UPE) status.
- Outside Expert in the Board of Studies in Law at M. D. University, Rohtak
- Member of National Committee to administer the “Rajiv Gandhi Advocate’s Training Scheme”, constituted by Ministry of Law and Justice, Dept. of Legal Affairs, GOI
- Member of General Council of the National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi.
- Member of Academic Council of Indian Law Institute, Delhi as Visitor’s (the Hon’ble Chief Justice of India and President of ILI) nominee.
- Visitor’s Nominee on the Selection Committees to be held for appointment of teachers in the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi for a period of three years, w.e.f. March 4, 2011.
- Member of Sectoral Innovation Council on Intellectual Property Rights constituted by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India.
- Hon’ble President of India, visitor of Jamia Millia Islamia has nominated him as a nominee in the Selection Committee meeting for the teaching posts of Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- He was also the President of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- Member of Thomson Reuters Council for Legal Information and Innovation.
- Academic Expert of the Board of Research Studies of the Research Organisation, National Judicial Academy, Bhopal w.e.f. Feb., 2013
- President, Association of Indian Universities has nominated him to represent the AIU in the Governing Council of India Law Institute, Delhi w.e.f. April, 2013
- Member of the Society of Chandigarh Judicial Academy, Chandigarh
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governments, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- He was Vice-President of SAARCLAW India Chapter
- The Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India appointed him as a Member of the Committee for carrying out amendment in the Model Police Act – 2006
- Member of the Eminent Persons Advisory Group (EPAG) of Competition Commission of India.
- Member, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs.
- Member of the Advisory Board and Executive Council of Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai.
- Chair in the Committee for revision of the Legal Policy of National Council for Teacher Education
- Member in the Advisory Council of LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (MHA), Delhi.
- Member of Selection Committee for recommending panels of names for appointment of Chairperson, Competition Commission of India.
- Member on the Governing Council & Executive Council of RGNUL, Patiala. Besides he has been a Member/ Chairman of committees for the preparation of draft legislative Bills as follows:
- Chairman, Committee for preparing the Draft Bill on “Abolition of Child Labour” with the assistance of ILO for Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Member, DNA Profiling Advisory Committee (Government of India).
- Chairman, Sub-committee on legal issues in preparation of DNA Profiling Bill (Government of India).
- Member, Sri. Soli Sorabjee Committee to draft New Police Act (Government of India)
- Member of Committee on the ‘Legislation Regulating Legal Education’, which has drafted the following bills:
- Higher Legal Education and Research Bill, 2010
- National Accreditation Regulatory Authority for Higher Educational Institutions, 2010.
- The Centres for Advanced Legal Studies and Research Bill, 2010.
- The National Law Schools Bill, 2010.
He is also a Member of the Advisory Panel in:
- National Human Rights Commission
- National Commission on Women
- National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources