Prof. Stuti Desai Moorchung
Mrs. Desai-Moorchung completed her B.S.L. LLB from ILS Law College, Pune. She then completed her LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from Chicago Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL. She was a fellow of the Chicago IP Colloquium and a Research Assistant at the Institute of Bio-Technology and the Human Future. She also was a Student Advisor at the Center for Computer-Assisted Learning. She completed her LL.M. and was a part of the Dean's List. After her LL.M. she worked with premier entities in the legal services sector for more than six years and attained the post of Project Manager and was a Certified Auditor for the ISO 9001-2000 process. After her corporate stint, she moved to academics thereafter. She has organised and conducted several National Moot Courts, and National Seminars. She currently heads the Centre for Excellence in Intellectual Property Rights and Centre for Excellence in Comparative Competition Law. Her areas of interest are intellectual property laws and competition laws.
LL.M. Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL
Teaching and Research Interest:
Intellectual Property Laws and
Academic Work Experience:
Corporate Work Experience:
Asian-African Legal Consultative Organization (AALCO)
Fox & Mandal, Solicitors & Advocates, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi, India
Indian Law Institute, New Delhi, India
Coal India Ltd, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
AWARDS, RECOGNITION AND ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Secured the position of a “Fellow” at Chicago Intellectual Property Colloquium, critiquing papers written by industry experts on the latest developments in the area of Intellectual Property, 2005.
- Received certification as an Internal Auditor for the ISO 9001:2000 and ISMS processes within the organization from BSI Group in the year 2011.
PAPERS & PUBLICATIONS:
- Authored and presented a paper titled “Impact of GMO Crops on Biodiversity” at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Biodiversity in India conducted by BMS Law College in association with National Law School of Indian University, Bangalore, on 24th April, 2017.
- Co-authored and presented a paper titled “Human Trafficking: Comparative Study of the Current Remedial Mechanism in India, United Kingdom and the United States of America”, at the International Interdisciplinary Seminar on Human Trafficking and Exploitation of Children: Human Rights Dimensions”, organized by Department of Law, University of Kerala which was also published in a journal “Proceedings” ISBN: 978-93-5196-996-9.
- Co-authored and presented a paper titled “Integration of Skills, Competencies and Values into the Education System of India: Comparative Analysis of Singapore’s and New Zealand’s Education System” at the National Seminar “Choice Based Credit System as an Approach to Skill Based Student Centered Learning in Higher Education” organised by Mount Carmel College sponsored by the University Grants Commission on 11th Feb. 2015.
- Authored and presented a paper titled “Role and Impact of State Legal Services Authority (A Focus Study on the Karnataka Case)” at the National Conference Student Legal Aid Clinics, organized by the Karnataka State Law University, Hubli and Karnataka State Legal Services Authority, Bangalore, on 18th Oct. 2014.